Friday, December 10, 2010

Workbook calendar spreadsheet

Now, I know there's a ton and a half of homeschool record keeping options out there. And I did research several of them, but only enough to quickly realize that a complicated piece of software wasn't going to work for me, nor was tearing out my workbooks pages and dividing them up by month, or anything like that. FOR ME, simple is best, because anything more than simple gives me cause to procrastinate. Or just not do at all. :)

So, here's my answer to simple. *giggle* I designed an Excel spreadsheet that has a formula in it that automatically calculates the workbook page number which we're supposed to have completed by the end of any given week. :) And I REALLY LIKE it. :) This is an example of what it looks like:




















I've decided to share my invention with you. :) I created a spreadsheet template for you which you can use to create your own "calendar" for the workbooks you're using. It's not as complicated as it sounds. Give it a try! Download the template here, and open using Microsoft Excel 2002 or later. (Be sure to click "enable macros" when you open it. No, I won't give you a virus.)

And here I've actually created you a TUTORIAL on how to use this template! This is my VERY FIRST video tutorial (applause, please!), so you'll need to use the "pause" button frequently, as I did go a little too fast through my mouse movements. But this should answer any questions you may have on how to use the spreadsheet.

I hope this method of record keeping works as well for you as it does for me! PLEASE COMMENT and let me know how you like it! -or if you have any questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment